Sunday, January 22, 2012

A New Year - A New Vision

Hello!  OMG it is now 2012! If you had told me 35 years ago that I would be a single mom living in Kirksville, MO raising my only son in 2012, I would have called you crazy!  I had it all figured out in 1977...............or so I thought.  Life has landed many blows to my dreams, but I have muddled through them all and will continue to do so.  This year, my goal is to become even more self-sufficient.  I know, some of you are laughing.  I am already pretty independent, but there is more to life than sheer braun. (Which is pretty much what gets me through - along with my stubborness)  I want to be deliberate and wise in my choices.  I want to get back to basics and focus on what makes me happy, not what I think will make others happy.  I want to be less material and more spiritual - I know, I just bought Ugg slippers!  I had dinner with two of my closest friends over the weekend and I explained it to them like this:  It is almost like I have been living a "temporary" life for the past 12 years.  Now I realize this is my "real" life - and what have I got to show for it?  An awesome son, a great relationship with my family, friends that make me laugh, a job that is a challenge each and every day, and a comfortable home.  I am blessed, very blessed, but find myself wanting something............I'm not sure what.............but something more.  So my vision - find my real life.  Be intentional and deliberate.  Work toward 2013 with the hope of a new reality that makes me smile each and every time I think about it!  Have a great Sunday!  Julie

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I love your vision for the new year. And I totally think you can be 'more spiritual' in your cozy new Ugg slippers. :D All the best to you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, so proud of you and your new vision. I pray that you will reach your vision and goal.

    ReplyDelete